If we can make Life healthier, and in turn better, for our children, we will have succeeded in changing the world.
Taking a pause from the movement of moving from my home of the last four years in Kaka’ako to my new home in Palolo Valley, which is to be determined how long, I’ll be there. If you observe your Life, some interesting patterns begin to reveal themselves.
The last time I was moved into a Valley, a few things happened:
- I dug deeper into my Spiritual Journey and exploring my Calling. To see it unfold in fullness throughout my Life as it unfolds is fascinating. It’s not just traveling to new places or in mystical spaces like the realm where I sat beneath a Tree, was visited by the Devil, and held the space for a great number of traveling souls. In essence, this transition was just the beginning of my Adventures in Urban Mysticism. To think, I thought Vol. 1 was the jump off. Truly, the Faith Walk is a series of jump offs and rebirths!
- I began my Journey as a published Author. Vol. 1 Rebirth was released during my last ‘residence’ in a Valley. I’ve not stopped writing in the past ten years but it is these steps within the Valleys of Life that appear to the be the ones that lead me deeper and deeper as a Writer and Seeker.
- I entered into a relationship, exploring a connection because I was reminded that our time on this Earth is not guaranteed. That Season of my Life taught me much and was truly a time of being refined, sanded down and smoothed over that I might Flow through Life in alignment to the Vision of The Creator for me.
Now, let’s take it back even further before I spent my metaphorical time in the desert of the real aka cross-country journey, navigated by dreams. We must go further because God takes us deeper and deeper, into a better and better Life. This was the time when I lived in Manoa Valley:
- I was told I had a spiritual calling. Later I would embrace this wholly and increase the amount of time and energy that I invested in exploring the Journey with Intent. This was the pivotal moment in my Life, where I chose to explore what it means to live a great and full Life. In Truth, because that is what I feel is necessary for me to pass on to my children and the generation to come.
- I started The Simple Voice, thus beginning the Journey as a Writer seeking to share experience with the World, in hopes that I might be able to help just one other Soul would know that someone relates to their experience, because of the energy that exists in the feelings we process throughout each experience. In many ways, I have found my Voice, the unique Light that I shine and share, in this, and it has been beautiful to reach others and really connect deeper in Faith within.
- I entered into the relationship that broke my Heart open to God. When it ended, I was in pain, but I felt so alive because I knew there was something to be said by committing myself to Living For and Choosing Love. This time was certainly a Reason period.
If there is any pattern in my Life, it is that the Spiritual Journey, Onwards to God, Living and Loving Fully, is taking me to the place where I feel He has been preparing me some day towards.
In a recent conversation with a Connection, we both shed tears reflecting on the Love we feel in Spirit for God, for Life, and perhaps, why we’re here, I was brought back to a Truth,
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
Truly if we are to cultivate a world for them, we can only do this in Partnership. That Partnership begins with Him. That’s the point of the Journey.
And as I look back at All I’ve seen, I feel, how He has shaped me that I be ready for the Honor to undertake such a responsibility in its own time. Working on myself spiritually, cultivating Faith, learning more and more about God, it’s shown me that this work is lifelong, and that’s okay. No rushing. No pining.
Just Being in the Season of Life that I’m in.
Breathing in its Fullness.
Believing that I am Love and Beloved. And in turn, giving that same Love, sharing the Light, because there are some very special people who enter our space for who knows how long and they deserve the Full Expression of His Love as it Flows through us.
We’ll see what this next Valley holds. I’m finishing up Vol. 2 as we speak, my Journey gets deeper and better each day, and God only knows what He has planned for us.
Aloha ke Akua / Mahalo ke Akua